The consequences of worn shock absorbers are:
- An extended braking distance
- An increased aquaplaning danger
- Greater side wind sensitivity
- More wear on tyres and joints
To avoid high costs and to restore safety and driving comfort, it is recommended to have the suspension examined around every 12,000 miles.
These are signs of worn shock absorbers:
- Hammering sounds on bad roads even at low speed
- The vehicle swings after a bump
- The tyres are worn unevenly
- The steering flutters
- The cornering is spongy
- The vehicle responds more strongly to crosswinds
Causes of shock absorber defects include slow wear, corrosion, improper installation, self-made modifications, and excessive stress.
At Roberts Tyres and Sleaford MOT & Service Centre in Sleaford, we make sure that your vehicle's suspension and shock absorbers work the way they should and, if necessary, change parts quickly and cost-effectively.
Of course, our experts only use spare parts in original equipment quality!
With us, your car is always in good hands!
Phone us on 01529 306669 or use the contact page for more information